Saturday, March 23, 2013 from 8:30 am to 1:30 pm
Rain or Shine
When: 8:30 am - 1:30 pm
Where #1: Meet at Theodore Judah Elementary School
101 Dean Way
Folsom, CA 95630
Where #2: Meet at Lakeside Church
745 Oak Ave Pkwy
Folsom, CA 95630
Where #3: Meet at Orangevale Food Bank
6483 Main Ave.
Orangevale, CA 95662
Orientation — 8:30 am - 9:00 am
Work Time — 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Lunch: FREE Lunch @ 12:30 pm at Theodore Judah School
· Materials for Theodore Judah Provided by The Home Depot.
· Materials for Sutter Middle School Provided by Lakeside Church.
· Materials for Powerhouse Ministries Provided by Projects 4HOPE.
· FREE Lunch Provided by Bayside Church Folsom.
If at all possible (depending on the work project you will serve on), please bring any of the tools you may need. We will need some of the following:
· Good work shoes
· Work Gloves
· Brooms or Leaf Blowers
· Small Hand Shovels
· Digger Bars
· Post Hole Diggers
· Wheel Barrows
· Tape Measures
· Pressure Washers (Theodore Judah & Blanch Sprentz)
· Airless Paint Sprayer (Sutter Middle School)
If you don't have any tools, don't worry, God has always been faithful to supply what we need. The event will look something like this:
On March 23rd we are having an event called IMPACT Serve Day in Folsom & Orangevale. This is a community service event with participation from 5 local churches several community organizations. Our program will start at 8:30 am at Theodore Judah Elementary School in Folsom, Lakeside Church in Folsom, and Orangevale Food Bank in Orangevale. During our community service time 9:00 am - 1:00 pm we will be working together in teams. We will have projects for families of all ages to participate in. During the event we are planning to hosting a FREE Lunch Connection at the Theodore Judah School at 12:30. This is a time to enjoy a FREE Lunch and a time to meet new friends. . This is an awesome opportunity for the local churches to join our community in serving our communities of Folsom and Orangevale.
We plan to have projects for all age groups, and families.
Theodore Judah Elementary School, Folsom – 75 Volunteers Needed NEED 50
- Planting Flowers, Raise garden beds, Pressure washing, Staining,
- Placing Landscape Bark, Trimming, Weeding, Sweeping Raking
- 101 Dean Way, Folsom, CA 95630
Blanch Sprentz Elementary School, Folsom – 75 Volunteers Needed NEED 50
- Placing Landscape Bark, Trimming Bushes, Repairing Rock Boarders,
- Weeding, Sweeping, Raking, Student Garden maintenance
- 249 Flower Drive, Folsom CA 95630
Twin Lakes Food Bank – 20 Volunteers Needed FULL
- Garden work, Preparing Easter Dinner Groceries, Stocking the Shelves
- 327 Montrose Drive, Folsom, CA 95630
Orangevale Food Bank – 10 Volunteers Needed NEED 5
- General Clean Up & Interior Painting
- 6483 Main Ave, Orangevale, CA 95662
Folsom Convalescent Home – 30 Volunteers Needed FULL
- Spring Carnival – Visiting & Playing Games with the Elderly
- 510 Mill Street, Folsom, CA 95630
Emeritus at Folsom Convalescent Home – 30 Volunteers Needed FULL
- Annual Spring Easter Outreach – Easter Egg Hunt & Party for the Elderly
- 780 Harrington Way, Folsom, CA 95630
Sutter Middle School - 15 Volunteers Needed *Skilled Labor ONLY
- Repairing Stadium Seating
- 715 Riley Street , Folsom, CA 95630
Powerhouse Ministries Cleanup – 25 Volunteers Needed NEED 10
- Beautification & Exterior Landscape Cleaning : Weeding, Trimming, Refreshing Landscape Bark,, New Top Soil, Planting Flowers, & repairing the drip irrigation system.
- 311 Market Street, Folsom, CA 95630
Volunteer Lunch Gathering – 10 Volunteers Needed FULL
- Prepare Free Lunch for Volunteers coming from ALL Projects
- Setup 11:00, Serve Lunch from 12:00 – 1:30, Cleanup 1:30
- 101 Dean Way, Folsom, CA 95630
To Register Please Email
Page 1 of 12
The mission of The Assist Local Network is to connect various members of local churches to work together as ONE BODY to meet needs within our communities such as:
The vision of The Assist Local Network is to promote, facilitate, and lead high quality community service events at which the not yet believing community would experience the reality and relevance of Jesus through the service of Christ Followers, and provide to those who participate an opportunity to share the love of Jesus by serving our community, to invite their not yet believing friends, and to building authentic Christ honoring relationships that will transform them into passionate and productive followers of Jesus.
The Assist Local Network concept was born out of an accumulation of more than 30 years of community service work beginning in Santa Ana, CA. In the late 1970's, Operation Love was co-founded by the founder of the Assist Local Foundation to serve those in poverty in Santa Ana, California. During the time that Operation Love served the community, the City of Santa Ana awarded Operation Love the prestigious LISA Award (Let's Improve Santa Ana community service award) for having the most effect on poverty and improving the quality of life for those in need.
A HUGE HEARTFELT "Thank you" from Brad Lopez, our Veteran, and all of us here at Twin Lakes Food Bank. Praise God! We were able to meet the entire need of $700, preventing further eviction proceedings from the Landlord.362 days ago | Points:0
Saturday, November 19, 2011 at 5:00 pm Family Support for Veteran Rob Downey Spaghetti Feed551 days ago | Points:0
Saturday, Oct. 1 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. at 109 Mainsail Court, Folsom , CA 95630. Support 4 Soldiers Garage Sale - All proceeds will be donated towards Support for Soldiers Ministry, a non-profit org.605 days ago | Points:0
View some pictures from the Twin Lakes Food GARDEN http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2054857990 days ago | Points:1
Please pray for direction of the Twin Lakes Food GARDEN. Sunhills Church Twin Lakes Food Bank and Mercy Housing in Folsom created a garden at Folsom Garden Apt on Stafford St to benefit the Food Bank.1001 days ago | Points:2
Awesome, we connected!
Someone responded to your Newsletter and is donating a case of tangerines, clothes and a bike. Just so happens I have a little guy with his mom in need of a bike because his was stolen at Christmas. What a huge blessing they're in for!
-Twin Lakes Food Bank